Queen Vanilla Recipe
This recipe truly is magical – a simple vanilla custard magic cake transforms into a triple-layer cake. Vanilla slice lovers will fall in love with its chewy base, creamy custard middle and sponge layer on top.
WHAT YOU NEED
4 large eggs, separated, room temperature
3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
3 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Paste
125g butter, melted then cooled
3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
2 cups (500ml) milk
Icing sugar, to finish
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced), grease with cooking spray or butter a rectangular brownie pan, approx. 20 x 30cm in size. Use a square cake tin as an alternative.
2. Combine egg yolks and sugar and mix with a stand mixer with a paddle attachment until light and creamy. Add Vanilla Custard Magic Cake bean paste and cooled, melted butter, mix until combined. Butter must be cooled before adding to mixture.
3. Add flour and mix until just combined. Place half of the milk in a microwave safe jug and microwave for 30 seconds until warm. Add remaining cold milk to jug so that the milk is lukewarm. On the lowest mixer speed, gradually add milk to egg mixture in a steady stream, mixing until fully combined.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then gently fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the milk mixture using a spatula. Mix until just combined then add remaining egg whites 1/3 at a time. Be careful not to over mix, it’s okay to have some clumps of egg white remaining. The mixture will be the consistency of thin custard.
5. Pour mixture into greased tray, gently smooth the surface with a spatula and bake for 45 minutes. During baking it may puff up at the sides – do not remove from oven, allow to bake the full period. Fully cool in the tin, then refrigerate and cut into squares to serve.
Queen has been working with chefs, restaurants and bakeries for over 120 years. Our products are award winning and we invite you to try them in your recipes. To find the perfect vanilla for your recipe, contact us today.
Email: email@example.com and our team will contact you directly