Delicious with salads and other savoury dishes, or for breakfast.
WHAT YOU NEED
• 435ml water
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
• 3 eggs
• 125g chickpea flour (besan)
• 50g buckwheat flour (buckwheat gives this recipe a lovely brown colour and a stronger nutty flavour)
• 100g rice flour
• 125g tapioca starch
• 125g potato starch
• 2 teaspoons salt• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 3 teaspoons xanthan gum
• 1 tablepsoon dried yeast
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Mix together the water, oil, vinegar and eggs in a mixer.
3. In another bowl, combine the flours, starches, salt,sugar and xanthan gum, then add the yeast.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix for 2minutes on a low speed.
5. Pour the dough into a greased loaf (bar) tin. Smooth the surface of the dough with wet hands. Cover with a dry cloth and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
6. Bake for 30–35 minutes. If you have a probe cookingthermometer, check the temperature inside the loaf; it should be 90°C when it comes out of the oven. Turn the bread out immediately to prevent moisture condensing in the tin.