Yeppoon Bakery Taken To Court Over Workplace Elect...

Yeppoon Bakery Taken To Court Over Workplace Electrical Injury

The owners of a bakery on Central Queensland’s coast are being taken to court by one of their former employees who allegedly suffered a severe electrical injury during a shift.

A 19-year-old employee claimed he suffered an electrical shock as he unplugged an extension lead from a cord attached to an immersion heater inside a metal proofing cabinet. The lead was plugged into a 240V powerpoint, as reported by News Mail.

The bakehouse owners are being sued for up to $300,000 in damages, with the claimant saying the negligence of his employer was to blame because they failed to provide a safe work environment for himself and other employees.

The former employee is claiming past and future economic loss and medical expenses due to the “permanent” nature of the injury.

Click here to upload your own recipe


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.