Peerless Foods EOI Recipe
This recipe uses vegan friendly ingredients, and meat pie fillings are suitable for freezing in a baked or unbaked state and are completely freeze-thaw stable.
WHAT YOU NEED
EOI Flex puff pastry
250g sliced brown onion
8g ground coriander
4g cumin seeds
30g seeded mustard
20g chilli paste
25g curry powder
5g garam masala
400ml coconut cream
800g roughly chopped cauliflower – coarse
60g minced garlic
3g white pepper
400g chick peas, drained and rinsed
20ml lemon juice
120g washed baby spinach
WHAT TO DO
1. Prepare pastry in usual manner.
2. In pot with oil, cook onion for 2 minutes on high.
3. Add coriander, cumin, seeded mustard, chilli paste, curry powder and garam masala to the onions in the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add water, coconut cream, cauliflower, garlic, salt and pepper to the pot. Bring to the boil and simmer with lid, stirring every now and again until cauliflower is tender and cooked.
5. Add chick peas to the pot and stir through; prepare to add thickener.
6. Mix baby spinach through filling.
7. Line, fill and top pies in the normal manner, and bake for 15-20 minutes at 230C.