The Australian Society of Baking (ASB) committee has recently announced that the ASB October Conference and ABINSA Awards Dinner (also known as the Chairman’s Dinner) has been scheduled for October 11, 2023, at Rydges Hotel in South Brisbane. The day will kick off at 9am after an 8.30am registration, with the Chairman’s Dinner set to wrap up at 9pm.
Registrations are open to both members and non-members and can be accessed at this link: https://www.trybooking.com/CLTWX.
ASB Committee Member Janet Blythman says, “It is a great opportunity to mingle with likeminded people from the industry. People will be attending from around the nation. There will be plenty of time to network with industry colleges.”
The aim of this October Conference is to enable attendees to network and learn from various experts and professionals within the baking industry. A variety of different topics are currently set to be discussed throughout the course of the day. These include, but are not limited to market insights, industry innovations, sustainability, food safety, sanitisation, industrial relation updates, alternative grains, research and development news, and much more.
- Mark Baczynski from Manildra speaking on the topic of Propreonic Acid/Fermented Wheat
- Karl Easey from Intralox, whose topic of discussion is still to be confirmed
- Morgan Clementson and Karl from Puratos speaking on the topic of Puratos’ Sourdough Library
- Jason Woodward and Tamara Andrijich from Ozone Devices speaking on the topic of Chemical Free Cleaning
- Ken Quail from AEGIC, whose topic of discission is still to be confirmed